Dr. Kenosha Gleaton
Dr. Kenosha Gleaton is board certified in gynecology and obstetrics and is the Medical Advisor of Natalist. She received her MD from MUSC and completed her residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Gleaton is passionate about women, youth, and mentoring. She is a Scrubs Camp instructor, a program to increase student entry in healthcare, and serves as a Compassion International adoptive parent. She is also a member of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, and the American Association of Professional Women.
In her spare time, she enjoys running and spending time with her husband, Dr. Douglas Gleaton, and her sons—Douglas III and Parker. You can follow Dr. Gleaton on Instagram @drkgleaton.
College of Charleston
Medical University of South Carolina
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Kenosha is a first-generation college and medical school graduate who is wildly passionate about patient experiences and service, believing that every patient deserves a clear understanding of their diagnoses and treatment options in a nonjudgemental, non-intimidating environment.
Credentials and Certifications
Doctor of Medicine
Bachelor’s degree in biology
Spring Symposium Research Award
MUSC Alumni Association Award
2018 Healthcare Hero by the Charleston Regional Business Journal
Past president of the Charleston County Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical Association
Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
MUSC Committee of Diversity and Inclusion
Q&A with Dr. Kenosha Gleaton
Share a little about yourself—the things we wouldn’t learn from simply reading your professional bio.
I’m a first generation college and med-school graduate who is wildly passionate about patient experiences and service. Every patient deserves a clear understanding of their diagnoses and treatment options in a nonjudgemental, non-intimidating environment.
When did you know you wanted to go into medicine?
As an eight year old, in my spare time, I’d treat myself by reading The Doctors Book of Home Remedies. I was so intrigued by household items used for common ailments. Once I entered puberty, my mom gave me a book on girls and puberty. I read it over and over and became fascinated with pubertal changes in the female reproductive tract. I was oblivious then, but now recognize that these experiences solidified my interest and propelled me into my current field.
What was your journey to parenthood like?
Unexpectedly tumultuous! But, oh so worth it!
Three years of infertility
Five spontaneous conceptions
One failed Intrauterine Insemination
One long season of introspection and faith building
Two energetic, animated toddler boys who create countless moments of joy and deep gratitude
What are the values you strive to instill in your children?
Empathy, self-reliance, problem-solving, and integrity
Do you prefer podcasts or books? And of the one that you prefer, what is a show or title that you recommend?
Podcasts! Shameful with finishing books; however, a recent book I’ve read and recommend is James Clear’s Atomic Habits—excellent!
On the challenging days, what keeps you going? Where do you find inspiration?
The desired END RESULT. I start with the end in mind. Once I understand and am compelled by my end goal, then the speed bumps along the way only make the journey that much more interesting!
What is your ideal way to relax and unwind?
I’m not a TV enthusiast, however, I enjoy Dateline murder mysteries! Paired with hot popcorn, this is my ideal Friday night.
If there was just one thing you could impart on women on their journey to parenthood, what would it be?
“A smooth, unobstructed path not only breeds disinterest, but yields less appreciation for the destination. Enjoy the journey and empower yourself along the way. One day soon, you’ll yearn for quiet solo moments all your own.” K. Gleaton
- Getting Pregnant After Miscarriage
- What are Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy?
- What to Expect During Your First Trimester of Pregnancy
- Is Lubricant Pregnancy-Safe?
- How to Get Pregnant and Stay Pregnant
- Q&A: All Your Questions About Prenatal Vitamins Answered
- Pregnancy and Acne
- Prenatal Vitamin Checklist
- What's The Difference Between Being Anemic And Being Iron Deficient?
- How to Use Fertility Lubricant
- Q&A: What Vitamins and Supplements Improve Fertility When Trying to Get Pregnant?
- Omega-3s vs. DHA vs. Fish Oil
- Reproductive and Maternal Issues Unique to Black Women
- Drinking During TTC and Pregnancy
- Child Spacing From a Medical Perspective
- Iron Supplementation for Vegetarians
- Phases of the Menstrual Cycle and When You Can Get Pregnant
- Hemorrhoids in Pregnancy
- How to Safely Manage Pregnancy Symptoms
- What Supplements are Safe/Unsafe for Pregnancy?
- Who Will You Meet on Your Pregnancy Journey?
- Does Ovulation Test Sensitivity Matter?
- Fish Oil Without the Fish: Is Vegan DHA Actually Good?
- CoQ10 for Egg Quality
- Ubiquinone vs. Ubiquinol: Which Type of CoQ10 is Better?
- I’m Pregnant, and I Can’t Poop
- Will Ovulation Tests be Positive if You’re Pregnant?
- Are You Considering a VBAC?
- Why Fiber is the Magic Pregnancy Supplement
- Prenatal Vitamins for Vegetarians
- What is the MTHFR Gene?
- Benefits of Taking Prenatals Before TTC
- Swelling During Pregnancy
- Constipation During Fertility Treatments
- Belly Oil for Pregnancy
- Combating Morning Sickness
- Does LH Surge Stay High if Pregnant?
- The Difference Between a Faint Positive Pregnancy Test and an Evaporation Line
- Am I Getting Enough Calcium?
- What is a High-Risk Pregnancy?
- Melasma During Pregnancy
- An Overview of Pregnancy by Trimester
- The Most Common Fears and Concerns About Giving Birth
- Prenatal Vitamins for Hair Growth and Health
- Do You Get More Morning Sickness From Boys or Girls?
- The Role of B Vitamins During Pregnancy
- How My Fertility Journey Made Me a Better OBGYN
- Should I Take a Prenatal Supplement Postpartum?
- How to Pick a Good Fish Oil Supplement for Pregnancy
- Dr. Gleaton Answers All Your Birthing Questions
- Sex and Conception Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- How Does a Light Period Affect Fertility? Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- Ovulation Tracking Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- Pregnancy Loss Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- PCOS Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- How to Keep Your Energy Up During Pregnancy
- When to Take Ovulation Tests: Morning or Night?
- Libido During Pregnancy
- Managing Gas During Pregnancy
- How Much Vitamin D Should You Take During Pregnancy?
- How Much Weight Should I Gain During Pregnancy?
- Why Are My Pregnancy Test Results Getting Lighter?
- Getting Pregnant With Endometriosis
- Vitamin D2 vs. D3: Which is Better?
- Symptoms and Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- TTC Q&A
- Ovulation Medication Q&A
- Pregnancy Q&A
- What Type of Ovulation Test Is Right For Me?
- Did I Miss My Fertile Window?
- Five Misconceptions About Labor
- What Should the pH of Fertility-Friendly Lube Be?
- Why Do I Ovulate So Early In My Cycle?
- Methylfolate Supplementation for Fertility and Pregnancy
- What's an Ectopic Pregnancy?
- Can Prenatal Vitamins Help With Immune Defense?
- Six Things to Know About Preeclampsia
- How Do I Know if I'm Not Ovulating
- Can You Ovulate More Than Once a Month?
- What's a Molar Pregnancy?
- What to Know About CoQ10 During Pregnancy
- Everything You Need to Know About POAS
- Best Vegan Prenatal Vitamin and DHA
- Black Maternal Health Q&A
- Can CoQ10 Change Your Cycle?
- Should I Take Vitamin D While Breastfeeding?
- Guide to Getting Pregnant in Your Late 30s and Early 40s
- Why Can't I Sleep During Pregnancy
- Using Ovulation Tests After Miscarriage
- What Medications May Affect Pregnancy Test Results?
- Signs of High Fertility
- How to Tell if You're Able to Get Pregnant
- LH Levels Throughout You Menstrual Cycle
- What's a Good AMH at Every Age?
- Does Taking Vitamin D During Pregnancy Reduce Risk of Autism?
- Which Inositol is Best for People with PCOS?
- Myo-inositol, D-chiro-inositol, Oh My!
- PCOS and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know
- Does Birth Control Affect AMH Levels and Fertility?
- How to Increase Your Chances of Having Twins
- Getting Pregnant When Overweight
- Nosebleeds During Pregnancy
- Hormone Testing for Women's Fertility
- Benefits of Inositol
- Can Vitamin D Increase AMH Levels?
- Everything You Need to Know About C-sections
- What is a Cryptic Pregnancy?
- Understanding Stillbirths
- What are the Odds of Getting Pregnant on Your Period?
- Tips For Drying Up Breast Milk
- Benefits of Magnesium During Pregnancy
- Can a Magnesium Deficiency Impact Fertility?
- 3 Symptoms of Low AMH
- How To Increase AMH Levels
- What Is A Good AMH Level For IVF?
- 6 Choline Deficiency Symptoms
- 7 Amniotic Fluid Embolism Symptoms
- Top 5 Choline Benefits
- What Is Choline? Everything You Need To Know
- What Age Should You Start Taking CoQ10?
- Top 6 CoQ10 Benefits For Women
- CoQ10 Deficiency Symptoms: What To Look Out For
- 5 Fertility Hormones Worth Testing
- Medical Treatments to Manage an Ectopic Pregnancy
- Medical Treatments to Manage a Miscarriage
- The Importance of Prenatal and Postnatal Care
- 5 Postpartum Depression Self Care Tips
- The Rising Median Age For Giving Birth
- Post Natal Hair Loss: Causes and Treatment
- Staying Hydrated While Breastfeeding
- 3 Side Effects of Inositol
- Inositol For Anxiety- What To Know
- How To Treat Sore Nipples: 5 Remedies
- How Long Do Cracked Nipples Take To Heal While Breastfeeding?
- What Cheese Is Safe For Pregnancy?
- Difference Between Biotin and Collagen
- Choosing a Sperm Friendly Lubricant
- The Truth About Lubricants and Getting Pregnant
- 5 Benefits of Taking Collagen Postpartum
- 10 Signs of Dehydration During Pregnancy
- Can Dehydration Delay Your Period?
- How To Fix Hormonal Imbalances in 3 Ways
- How Long After Ovulation Pain is the Egg Released?
- Do Breasts Hurt During Ovulation?
- 5 Signs of Male Postpartum Depression
- 4 Foods to Eat to Increase Male Fertility
- Freezing Eggs 101: A Complete Guide
- Can You Take Biotin While Breastfeeding
- Do You Ovulate On Birth Control?
- After Ovulation Symptoms: What To Look For
- Bloating During Ovulation: Causes and Remedies
- 5 Signs of Ovulation After Giving Birth
- What Is Ovulation Induction? A Complete Guide
- When To Take CoQ10 Supplements: Morning or Night
- How To Calculate Your Due Date Based On Ovulation
- Egg White Discharge: Everything You Need to Know
- Can You Take Prenatal Vitamins and Multivitamins Together?
- 4 Folic Acid Benefits for Men
- How to Track Ovulation With an Irregular Period
- 5 CoQ10 Benefits for Men
- The Benefits and Side Effects of Biotin Supplements
- What is Virtual Health Care and How Does it Work?
- Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy?
- Egg Freezing vs Embryo Freezing: Pros and Cons
- Chances of Getting Pregnant During Ovulation By Age
- Lube and Vaginal Health
- 10 Postpartum Essentials
- Signs and Symptoms of PCOS
- How to Manage PCOS Symptoms
- PCOS vs Endometriosis
- What is TTC?
- How Effective is Letrozole for Ovulation Induction?
- What Helps With Hydration During Pregnancy?
- Can Being Dehydrated While Pregnant Harm the Baby?
- Importance of Hydration During Pregnancy
- Importance of Hydration When Trying to Get Pregnant
- The Benefits of Drinking Water When TTC
- What Causes Low Folic Acid?
- What Happens if you Don't Take Folic Acid During Pregnancy?
- Do You Need Prenatal Vitamins in the Third Trimester?
- CoQ10 vs Fish Oil for Heart Health
- CoQ10 Food Sources
- Is CoQ10 Safe During Pregnancy?
- Foods That Fight Nausea During Pregnancy
- When Does Morning Sickness Peak?
- Can You Take Prenatal Vitamins Without Being Pregnant?
- When Does Morning Sickness Start?
- Does Vitamin B6 Help With Morning Sickness?
- What Does Pregnancy Nausea Feel Like?
- How to Prevent Mastitis
- Should I Take a Postnatal if I'm Not Breastfeeding?
- Does CoQ10 Lower Blood Pressure?
- Trying to Conceive with PCOS
- Folic Acid: Can You Take Too Much?
- How Much CoQ10 Should I Take?
- What You Need to Know About Treating Mastitis
- Lube Ingredients to Avoid
- Can Stress Cause Infertility?
- Hypothyroidism and Menstrual Cycle
- Do Ovarian Cysts Affect Fertility?
- Twins from Clomid: What Are Your Chances?
- Difference Between Ovarian Cysts & Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Why Am I Getting Irregular Periods After Stopping Birth Control?
- Guide to Types of Lube: Water, Oil, & Silicone-Based
- Can Lube Cause a Urinary Tract Infection?
- Earliest Ovulation After Birth Control
- How Long Does it Take for Hormones to Balance After Stopping Birth Control?
- How Soon After Nexplanon® Removal Can You Get Pregnant?
- How to Balance Hormones After Stopping Birth Control
- Does Sex Affect the Menstrual Cycle?
- What Happens When You Stop Taking Birth Control?
- How to Preserve Fertility
- What's the Difference Between Pregnancy Symptoms vs Stopping Birth Control?
- Does Lube Expire?
- How to Increase Progesterone
- Can You Get Pregnant a Week After Ovulation?
- Why Am I Ovulating on Clomid® but Not Getting Pregnant?
- Why is My Menstrual Cycle Getting Shorter?
- What Are Some Safe Alternatives to Lube?
- What Hydrates Better Than Water?
- Do Electrolytes Give You Energy?
- Electrolytes and Pregnancy
- Can You Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding?
- What Not to Eat While Breastfeeding
- Can Breastfeeding Cause Fatigue?
- Can I Use Hair Dye During Pregnancy?
- Is Indigestion a Sign of Pregnancy?
- What You Need to Know About Postpartum Complications
- How and When to Wean from Breastfeeding
- Retinol and Breastfeeding
- Combatting Dry Skin During Pregnancy
- How are PCOS, Inositol, and Weight Connected?
- Is Endometriosis an Autoimmune Disease?
- How to Remedy Fresh Stretch Marks
- 5 Benefits of Coconut Oil During Pregnancy
- How to Treat Itchy Stretch Marks
- Do Stretch Marks Go Away After Pregnancy?
- Inositol for Sleep
- Top Inositol-Rich Foods to Boost Your Health
- Self-Care for Endometriosis: Tips for Relief
- What Does Endometriosis Feel Like? Insights & More
- Does Ginger Help With Morning Sickness?
- Endometriosis and Weight Gain: What to Know
- 5 Medications and Supplements to Help With Morning Sickness
- What to Know About Severe Morning Sickness (Hyperemesis Gravidarum)
- How to Handle Food Aversions During Pregnancy