Dr. Kenosha Gleaton is board certified in gynecology and obstetrics and the Medical Director of Natalist. She received her MD from MUSC and completed her residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Gleaton is passionate about women, youth, and mentoring. She is a Scrubs Camp instructor, a program to increase student entry in healthcare, and serves as a Compassion International adoptive parent. She is also a member of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, and the American Association of Professional Women.
In her spare time, she enjoys running, spending time with her husband, Dr. Douglas Gleaton, sons, Douglas III and Parker.
You can follow Dr. Gleaton on Instagram @drkgleaton.
Share a little about yourself—the things we wouldn’t learn from simply reading your professional bio.
I’m a first generation college and med-school graduate who is wildly passionate about patient experiences and service. Every patient deserves a clear understanding of their diagnoses and treatment options in a nonjudgemental, non-intimidating environment.
When did you know you wanted to go into medicine?
As an eight year old, in my spare time, I’d treat myself by reading The Doctors Book of Home Remedies. I was so intrigued by household items used for common ailments. Once I entered puberty, my mom gave me a book on girls and puberty. I read it over and over and became fascinated with pubertal changes in the female reproductive tract. I was oblivious then, but now recognize that these experiences solidified my interest and propelled me into my current field.
What was your journey to parenthood like?
Unexpectedly tumultuous! But, oh so worth it!
- Three years of infertility
- Five spontaneous conceptions
- Three miscarriages
- One failed Intrauterine Insemination
- One long season of introspection and faith building
- Two energetic, animated toddler boys who create countless moments of joy and deep gratitude
What are the values you strive to instill in your children?
Empathy, self-reliance, problem-solving, and integrity
Do you prefer podcasts or books? And of the one that you prefer, what is a show or title that you recommend?
Podcasts! Shameful with finishing books; however, a recent book I’ve read and recommend is James Clear’s Atomic Habits—excellent!
On the challenging days, what keeps you going? Where do you find inspiration?
The desired END RESULT. I start with the end in mind. Once I understand and am compelled by my end goal, then the speed bumps along the way only make the journey that much more interesting!
What is your ideal way to relax and unwind?
I’m not a TV enthusiast, however, I enjoy Dateline murder mysteries! Paired with hot popcorn, this is my ideal Friday night.
If there was just one thing you could impart on women on their journey to parenthood, what would it be?
“A smooth, unobstructed path not only breeds disinterest, but yields less appreciation for the destination. Enjoy the journey and empower yourself along the way. One day soon, you’ll yearn for quiet solo moments all your own.” K. Gleaton
- Getting Pregnant After Miscarriage
- What are Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy?
- What to Expect During Your First Trimester of Pregnancy
- Is Lubricant Pregnancy-Safe?
- How to Get Pregnant and Stay Pregnant
- Q&A: All Your Questions About Prenatal Vitamins Answered
- Pregnancy and Acne
- Prenatal Vitamin Checklist
- What's The Difference Between Being Anemic And Being Iron Deficient?
- How to Use Fertility Lubricant
- Q&A: What Vitamins and Supplements Improve Fertility When Trying to Get Pregnant?
- Omega-3s vs. DHA vs. Fish Oil
- Reproductive and Maternal Issues Unique to Black Women
- Drinking During TTC and Pregnancy
- Child Spacing From a Medical Perspective
- Iron Supplementation for Vegetarians
- Phases of the Menstrual Cycle and When You Can Get Pregnant
- Hemorrhoids in Pregnancy
- How to Safely Manage Pregnancy Symptoms
- What Supplements are Safe/Unsafe for Pregnancy?
- Who Will You Meet on Your Pregnancy Journey?
- Does Ovulation Test Sensitivity Matter?
- Fish Oil Without the Fish: Is Vegan DHA Actually Good?
- CoQ10 for Egg Quality
- Ubiquinone vs. Ubiquinol: Which Type of CoQ10 is Better?
- I’m Pregnant, and I Can’t Poop
- Will Ovulation Tests be Positive if You’re Pregnant?
- Are You Considering a VBAC?
- Why Fiber is the Magic Pregnancy Supplement
- Prenatal Vitamins for Vegetarians
- What is the MTHFR Gene?
- Benefits of Taking Prenatals Before TTC
- Swelling During Pregnancy
- Constipation During Fertility Treatments
- Belly Oil for Pregnancy
- Combating Morning Sickness
- Does LH Surge Stay High if Pregnant?
- The Difference Between a Faint Positive Pregnancy Test and an Evaporation Line
- Am I Getting Enough Calcium?
- What is a High-Risk Pregnancy?
- Melasma During Pregnancy
- An Overview of Pregnancy by Trimester
- The Most Common Fears and Concerns About Giving Birth
- Prenatal Vitamins for Hair Growth and Health
- Do You Get More Morning Sickness From Boys or Girls?
- The Role of B Vitamins During Pregnancy
- How My Fertility Journey Made Me a Better OBGYN
- Should I Take a Prenatal Supplement Postpartum?
- How to Pick a Good Fish Oil Supplement for Pregnancy
- Dr. Gleaton Answers All Your Birthing Questions
- Sex and Conception Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- How Does a Light Period Affect Fertility? Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- Ovulation Tracking Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- Pregnancy Loss Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- PCOS Q&A with Dr. Gleaton
- How to Keep Your Energy Up During Pregnancy
- When to Take Ovulation Tests: Morning or Night?
- Libido During Pregnancy
- Managing Gas During Pregnancy
- How Much Vitamin D Should You Take During Pregnancy?
- How Much Weight Should I Gain During Pregnancy?
- Why Are My Pregnancy Test Results Getting Lighter?
- Getting Pregnant With Endometriosis
- Vitamin D2 vs. D3: Which is Better?
- Symptoms and Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- TTC Q&A
- Ovulation Medication Q&A
- Pregnancy Q&A
- What Type of Ovulation Test Is Right For Me?
- Did I Miss My Fertile Window?
- Five Misconceptions About Labor
- What Should the pH of Fertility-Friendly Lube Be?
- Why Do I Ovulate So Early In My Cycle?
- Methylfolate Supplementation for Fertility and Pregnancy
- What's an Ectopic Pregnancy?
- Can Prenatal Vitamins Help With Immune Defense?
- Six Things to Know About Preeclampsia
- How Do I Know if I'm Not Ovulating
- Can You Ovulate More Than Once a Month?
- What's a Molar Pregnancy?
- What to Know About CoQ10 During Pregnancy
- Everything You Need to Know About POAS
- Best Vegan Prenatal Vitamin and DHA