Halle Tecco is the Founder of Natalist and now the EVP of Women's Health Strategy at Everly Health. She is the host of The Heart of Healthcare Podcast, and a Board Member at Resolve. Previously she was the founder of early-stage digital health venture fund Rock Health and an Adjunct Professor at Columbia Business School. Halle started her career working in finance and business development roles at Intel and Apple.
Halle has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and CNBC. She was named as one of Goldman Sach’s Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs and listed on the Forbes 30 under 30. She received her MBA from Harvard Business School and her MPH from Johns Hopkins University with a concentration in Women's and Reproductive Health.
How did your experience with fertility inspire you to help start Natalist?
My own personal fertility journey opened my eyes to the enormous opportunity to rebuild the entire experience for families. It took me over four years and a good deal of science to become a mom. During those long months of repeated negative pregnancy tests, I felt disconnected from my body which just wasn’t getting pregnant. I was lost in a sea of junk science on the internet, as well as products that just didn’t speak to me as a millennial woman. Creating a new human is one of the most exciting, yet vulnerable, times in your life. I wanted to build something that helps women cut through the crap. And also makes the experience a little more beautiful and special.
Share a little about yourself—the things we wouldn’t learn from simply reading your professional bio.
I'm an avid gardener. I love being closer to nature and our food system as well as the sense of accomplishment I feel watching the garden grow. It forces me to slow down and practice patience, while giving me some zen time to clear my mind for new ideas.
What do you want to tell someone trying to conceive or already pregnant?
Make self-care a priority during this special time in your life. Self-care is more than just bubble baths and face masks. Self-care means educating and empowering yourself with knowledge. It’s about owning your journey and taking care of your physical and mental health.
What’s something you wish someone told you while trying to conceive?
Honestly, I heard (and continue to hear) it all. Sometimes it’s not about being told how to do it. Especially for those struggling to conceive, an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on is far more powerful than any advice.
- The IVF Funnel: Understanding Your Chances of Success
- When is The Earliest You Can Take a Pregnancy Test During IVF?
- How to Read an Ovulation Test
- When and How to Take a Pregnancy Test
- Questions to Ask During Your First Fertility Workup
- 30 Resources for COVID-19
- 13 Ways to Help During Coronavirus
- Pregnancy and Iron-Deficiency: What You Need to Know
- How to Find the Best Fertility Clinic
- Q&A: Why Do People Put a Wedding Ring on a Pregnancy Test in Photos?
- What Foods Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?
- Am I Getting Enough Folate?
- Types of Iron Supplements
- What is Natural Family Planning (NFP)?
- How to Choose a Sperm-Fertility Lubricant
- Avoiding Parabens When TTC and Pregnant
- Blue-Dye vs. Pink-Dye Pregnancy Tests: Which is Better?
- Nutrition Fact Acronyms and What They Mean
- Preparing for IVF: 10 Things I Bought for my Egg Retrieval
- Finding a Prenatal with Vegan Vitamin D3
- Can I Take Calcium and Iron Together?
- Supplements to Take During Fertility Treatments and IVF
- What Does a "Round" or "Cycle" of IVF Mean?
- Pineapple Core, McDonald's Fries, and Other IVF Superstitions
- Becoming a Single Parent By Choice
- Five Ways to Overcome Pregnancy Envy
- Digital vs. Regular: What’s the Best Home Pregnancy Test?
- What the Heck is an Embryo Mitoscore?
- What is a Good Beta hCG After an IVF Embryo Transfer?
- Five Important Takeaways from It Starts With The Egg
- Vitamin D and Fertility
- Is it Okay to Have Sex and Orgasm During the 2WW?
- Guide to IVF Embryo Grading
- CoQ10 For IVF
- Introducing our New Ovulation Test Strips
- What Does a Positive Ovulation Test Strip Look Like?
- Pregnancy Test Results After a Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Does NAC Help with Fertility?
- Lead, Arsenic, and Other Heavy Metals in Prenatal Vitamins
- What You Should Know About Twin Pregnancies