30 Resources for COVID-19
30 Tips, tricks, and resources to help manage life during COVID-19
By Halle Tecco, MBA, MPH
As a mother, CEO, and someone living with a chronic disease, I understand the myriad emotions Coronavirus is causing with social distancing, school closings, and preparing for the unknown. To get through this emotionally, I’ve been following Mr. Rogers’ advice to “look for the helpers.” From the frontline medical workers to the children serenading their isolated elderly neighbor, the helpers are out in abundance!
I’ve also been gathering tips and tricks to help manage life while we collectively try to "flatten the curve" and want to share in case they may be helpful to you, too.
COVID-19 Tips and Tricks
- Here are 450 Ivy League courses you can take online right now for free
- Travel and Leisure compiled a list of 12 free virtual tours of famous museums from all over the world
- Not quite as good as seeing it live, but here are several free online concerts from John Legend, Coldplay, Pink, and the Berlin Philharmonic
- Universal Pictures is making its movies available in the home on the same day as their theater release
- Enjoy this collection of pantry recipes using only ingredients you should have onhand, from the New York Times
- Brit + Co has many creative classes available online
- Dr. Rupa Marya pulled together a list of personal things you can do to stay well, including gargling salt water (who knew!?)
- Peloton is offering their app full of yoga, meditation, strength, cycling, and running classes free for 90 days
- Shine created a website with resources for anxiety and mental health during this global climate of uncertainty
- Core Power Yoga is offering free online classes for everyone
- Melissa Wood Health has an app of yoga, pilates, and meditation classes and offers a free seven day trial
- Alo is offering free full-length classes on their YouTube channel so everyone can practice in the comfort of their own home
- If you're looking for breastfeeding guidance, Tinyhood is offering their Breastfeeding 101 class for free during the pandemic
- Been planning to grow your family? Parent Plans has guided thought starters, to-dos, and activities to complete together with your partner (20% off this month)
- Go through the New York Time’s relationship exercise, The 36 Questions That Lead to Love
- USA Today put together 100 things to do while trapped inside, many of which make for an ideal at-home date night
- Netflix offers a free month subscription, so pick out a new show to watch together during your extra time indoors
- Use these homeschooling templates from Khan Academy to plan your child’s schedule
- This awesome spreadsheet (that is getting updated every few hours) compiles free subscriptions from education companies
- Scholastic is offering free daily courses for kids stuck at home amid the school closures
- Epic app (30 day free trial) offers hundreds of books, bringing the library to you
- Not sure how long it will last, but the creator of Pete the Cat has been hosting storytime on IG Live at noon for the past two days...I hope he keeps it up!
- Go on a family safari at the Cincinnati Zoo (virtually)
- This 30 minute music class for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers will entertain and stimulate your children
- And if you're struggling with how to talk to your children about what's going on, PBS has some expert tips
If you're not feeling great...
- The Coronavirus Resource Center by Harvard Health answers nearly every question you may have
- Get a free telehealth screen and video visit with Roman, Presbyterian (NM), Spectrum Health (MI), MUSC (SC), Memorial Hospital (WI), or Project Baseline (CA)
- If you're experiencing anxiety, stress, or isolation because of the #COVID19 pandemic, reach out to the Crisis Text Line—free, confidential, and available 24/7. Text SHARE to 741741
As always, we’re here for you if you need us. Stay safe and healthy.